Infrastructure Server Engineer
The Systems Infrastructure Engineer role is responsible for the support, on-going maintenance and future development of company’s IT Services server infrastructure. This role will require occasional out of hours and weekend work, including scheduled on-call duties.
Shift Pattern: Monday – Friday work-week (more details available in formal description)
The ability to troubleshoot systems and work under pressure is essential. This role will include managing small projects from start to finish, being a resource on larger projects, building servers, dealing with escalated issues, troubleshooting performance issues and supporting system maintenance and upgrades over planned weekends. The role will also include the potential for learning other operating, management and application systems owned by the team.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Perform support for global server related issues.
- Design and build server systems with on-going ownership.
- Perform regular health checks and performance benchmarks of existing systems.
- Security patch management of applications and servers
- Provide on-going maintenance of key systems as required.
- Review existing systems for improvements.
- Pro-active monitoring and maintenance of hardware and software.
- Computer Science / Information Technology related Degree
- Ability to plan and implement your own projects and work as part of a project team.
- Ability to communicate confidently and concisely using business acumen.
- Ability to create and maintain strong working relationships both with internal staff.
- Calmness under pressure and the ability to maintain a positive attitude.
- Able to use initiative and prioritize work.
- Methodical and logical approach to troubleshooting.
Thorough knowledge and proven experience of:
- Linux (Ubuntu Server 14).
- Unix Command line, APT package/repository management, Linux storage/volume management (LVM, fdisk) .
- Amazon Web Services management skills (AWS CLI, API, GUI Console, ).
- Continuous Integration Skills including Git, Github, Gitlab, Jenkins, TravisCI
- Hashi Corp Products, (Terraform, Vagrant, Packer)
- Configuration Management System, (Chef, Chefspec, Test Kitchen, Serverspec, Berkshelf, Ruby Language )
- Dell and HP server technology.
- Hardware Storage management experience.
- Percona XtraDB Cluster Administration.
- Knowledge of monitoring and management tools like Newrelic
- Cache Middleware management skills like Varnish, Memcached, Redis.
- Awareness of enterprise level best practices and change management processes.
- Backup Technologies.
To apply, please submit your resumé and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.